Las comidas de Argentina son similar a español, italiano, francés y otras comidas de europa. La Argentina es un productor importante de la comida en el mundo. La carne roja es importante a la comida de Argentina. Tambien, trigo, maíz, leche, y habas son importantes a la comida de Argentina. Una manera popular de cocinar la carne es asado.
Ready In: 1 Hr 30 Min (Prep: 30 Min; Cook: 30 Min) Serves: 10
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 pound lean steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- To make dough: In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in the shortening till pieces are the size of small peas. Add a small amount of water to slightly moisten. Form dough into a ball. Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick and cut into 4-inch circles. Lightly flour both sides of circles.
- To make fruit filling: In a saucepan combine fruit, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Heat over medium heat until hot, thoroughly mixing.
- To make meat filling: In a medium skillet saute the onion and green pepper in olive oil. Add tomato paste, water, and vinegar, and cook for 20 minutes. Add meat and coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Place a large spoonful of one of the above mixtures to the center of a dough circle. Place another circle on top. Fasten the two circles together by pressing the edges with a fork. These may then be baked in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden brown.
Dulce de Leche Recipe
Ready In: 1 Hr 15 Min (Prep: 15 Min; Cook: 1 Hr) Serves 10
- 5 cups milk
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 1-1/3 cups and 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large saucepan, bring milk to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth. Return to pan.
- Cut vanilla bean in half and pour the seeds in the milk. Stir in the sugar and replace the pan on medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Just as the milk mixture begins to boil, stir in the baking soda. Reduce the heat to medium, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. When a wooden spoon drawn through the mixture leaves the bottom of the pan visible, and the mixture is light brown in color, remove the pan from the heat.
- Place the pan in an ice bath and stir constantly until dulce de leche is cold. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Pour into sterile jars, and store in the refrigerator.